jjhjxpjp

Power strip failure causes small fire at Battle Ground middle school

first_imgA small fire at a Battle Ground middle school resulted in minimal damage and no injured classroom pets.The fire, reported just after 9 p.m. Monday at Chief Umtuch Middle School, started when a power strip that was being used by a fish tank failed, according to Battle Ground School District Spokesman Sean Chavez.Firefighters with Clark County Fire & Rescue were dispatched to the school, 700 N.W. Ninth St. When they arrived, they found the small fire had spread to a bookshelf in Room 185, a science classroom, Chavez said. A fire sprinkler was activated in the room, suppressing the fire and keeping it contained to the room, said Clark County Fire & Rescue Battalion Chief Tim Dawdy. The sprinkler activation triggered an alarm to summon firefighters, who finished extinguishing the flames.Chavez said that crews started cleaning up Monday night and that school will be open as schedule on Monday, Jan. 5.last_img read more