xmzwndln

I have to win a trophy – Pellegrini

first_img The Chilean was entering the final year of his previous deal but has now agreed an extension to 2017 in a move that could quell speculation linking Bayern Munich’s Pep Guardiola with his position. Guardiola, out of contract next summer, is long thought to have been a target for City having previously worked under the club’s chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain at Barcelona. Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini admits he now has to deliver titles after signing a new-two year contract at the Etihad Stadium. Pellegrini, 61, won the Barclays Premier League in his first season at City in 2013 but, after last year’s disappointing campaign, he accepts improvement is necessary. Pellegrini said: “It is very important for the club to trust in our work. I am very happy here at Manchester City so if both parties are happy we can continue. The support the club gives me is important. “But you know in this profession you need results, so it is very important for me to have a good season and get good results. “For me a good season with a big team is that you must win a title (trophy). You cannot say it is a very good season if you win nothing.” Speculation over Pellegrini’s future was rife towards the end of last season as it became apparent the club would not catch Chelsea in the Premier League and they went out of the Champions League. It eased as City ended with six successive wins but could return if the team again perform below par. Pellegrini accepts this but insists it will not bother him. He said: “I was used last season to the speculation. I’m not talking about Pep Guardiola. He is a manager that every team will want to manage them because he is a great manager. “Maybe he is linked with this team more because of the relationship with Txiki and Ferran but I trust in them and I am sure if they want to bring in him, they will tell me. “I have no problem with my relations inside the club. I know exactly how the owners think. Maybe it is better for the outside media.” Soriano believes the new contract will allow Pellegrini to concentrate on business on the field. He said: “This agreement allows Manuel to focus on the challenge of guiding a team capable of both fighting for domestic titles and competing for European honours.” City’s main business during the summer has been the signing of England’s Raheem Sterling in a club record £49million deal from Liverpool. Sterling’s conduct towards the end of his time at Anfield attracted much negative criticism but Pellegrini expects the 20-year-old forward to settle quickly and provide plenty of excitement. Asked how good Sterling can be, Pellegrini said: “Very, very good. I trust a lot in him. “Maybe some of the media are talking about the price we paid for him, but an English player at 20 with such quality, speed and good technical ability – I think he will continue improving a lot every year. “Playing with players like Yaya (Toure) or (David) Silva or Kun (Sergio Aguero) will help him to improve. I trust you will see Raheem scoring a lot more goals than he scored in other seasons for Liverpool.” Another new signing, midfielder Fabian Delph, will miss Monday’s season-opener at West Brom with a hamstring injury while defender Gael Clichy is out with an ankle problem. Press Associationlast_img read more

yqggxlum

Expansion seeking BtoBet makes its move in Hungary and Cyprus

first_img Related Articles StumbleUpon BtoBet refines African SMS payment options with Tola Mobile  August 20, 2020 Share Romania’s ONJN adds 20 sites to blacklist August 14, 2020 Share Submit BtoBet grows Nigerian presence with Booster99 deal August 26, 2020 BtoBet has built on the success of its appearance at the Entertainment Arena Expo (EAE) by preparing to present at two more Eastern European roadshows in Hungary and Cyprus.Having “tightened the link” with authorities in Romania such as the Association of Gambling Organisers ROMBET, the iGaming and sportsbook software provider is now targeting “farsighted local operators” at two more events, starting with the CEEGS in Bucharest from 19 September, before moving on to the Cyprus Gaming Show in Nicosia the following day.BtoBet CMO Sabrina Soldà stated: “I address my congratulations to our team in Bucharest, for the great job done during the Entertainment Arena Expo.“They tightened the link with authorities and relevant components of the gambling industry – such as the Association of Gambling Organisers ROMBET – and had great feedback from companies willing to develop their business in Central-Eastern Europe with BtoBet’s sportsbook and iGaming tech tools.”“Now, we are looking forward to continuing our fruitful partnership process and new operations development moving also in Budapest and Cyprus.”The company’s CEO Kostandina Zafirovska will be speaking on the Innovation Talks Panel at CEEGS, discussing the full potential of BtoBet’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) for player experience,Meanwhile, Chairman Alessandro Fried will be at the Cyprus Gaming show to share his vision about innovation and disruption, along with how operators equipped with BtoBet technology can provide the one-to-one customer experience to succeed in regulated local markets.last_img read more

yqggxlum

B&H Basketball Players Against Latvia Tomorrow Begins With Performance at the European Championship in Slovenia

first_imgThe B&H basketball team will play against Latvia tomorrow in the hall ‘’Podmežakla’’ in Jesenica at 14:30. With this game, they will begin their performance for the European Championship, which will be held from 4-22 September in Slovenia.The group stage of the competition will be held in Ljubljana, Koper, Celje and Jesenica, and a total of 24 European teams will take part. The best B&H basketball players will perform in the B Group with Latvia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Lithuania.Players of coach Alexander Petrović prepared for the European Championships in Sarajevo, and at preparation tournaments in Slovenia, Germany and Greece.(Source: Fena)last_img

nvnornvd

Anxious athletes from quake-hit Lombok hope to spread smiles back home

first_imgJudy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal MOST READ Indonesia’s Lalu Muhammad Zohri competes in a heat of the men’s 100m athletics event during the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta on August 25, 2018. / AFP PHOTO / Jewel SAMAD“I was so worried about my family — it was a little hard to sleep,” said 18-year-old sprinter Lalu Muhammad Zohri, who hails from the worst-affected northern part of the island.“They called me to tell me not to worry, to just focus on my race. I tried my best,” he added, after reaching the men’s 100m final, where he finished seventh.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’“Now I can’t wait to go to Lombok to see my family.”Bronze-winning beach volleyball duo Dhita Juliana and Putu Dini Jasita Utami, who are also from Lombok, have captured the hearts of the home fans cheering for them across the country and from the sidelines of Asia’s regional Olympics. View comments LATEST STORIES Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Peza offers relief to ecozone firms ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins (From L to R) Silver medallists Japan’s Megumi Murakami and Miki Ishii, gold medallists China’s Wang Fang and Xia Xinyi and bronze medallists Indonesia’s Dhita Juliana and Putu Dini Jasita Utami pose during the awards ceremony for the women’s beach volleyball final during the 2018 Asian Games in Palembang on August 27, 2018./ AFP PHOTO / Mohd RASFANBut everyone has been touched in some way on the island — and the aftershocks and tremors continue to terrorise an already fearful population.The duo hope they can help raise awareness — and cash — for the survivors.“We are going to spend some of the money we get as Asian Games athletes for the evacuees there,” Juliana said.The pair’s mid-table pool group finish was enough to launch them into the knockout stages. Their run was ended by a Chinese duo — including defending Asian Games champion Xia Xinyi — in the semi-finals, but they took third place in Monday’s bronze medal match.They are heading straight back home to see their loved ones and join in relief efforts however they can.“We hope Lombok will recover so it can become a beautiful place again, a beautiful tourism destination,” Juliana said.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Indonesia’s Dhita Juliana (L) and Putu Dini Jasita Utami (R) celebrate a point against Thailand in the women’s beach volleyball pool D during the 2018 Asian Games in Palembang on August 23, 2018. / AFP PHOTO / Mohd RASFANThey can barely walk a few metres in Palembang without being asked for a selfie yet always oblige, hoping their smiles and strength will resonate back home.“We hope all Lombok people are okay, and we are trying our best here to at least share some happiness with them when we win,” said Dhita Juliana, adding that they have been touched by the backing they have had from home throughout the competition.“There has been a lot of support from Lombok — from relatives, friends, everyone there. We’re just so grateful.”Some 555 people have been killed and hundreds of thousands left homeless on the beautiful island of Lombok, around 700 miles (1,100km) from Games host cities Jakarta and Palembang.Juliana, 25, and Utami, 24, said their friends and family all managed to get to safety in time when the two main quakes hit on July 29 and August 5.ADVERTISEMENT Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Kenya to open its 1st WADA-approved drug-testing lab Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced For athletes from quake-hit Lombok competing at their own country’s Asian Games, the pressure is far greater than the usual quest for gold.Competitors from the picturesque island have anxiously followed news of deadly earthquakes that killed more than 500 people, hundreds of miles from Indonesia’s host cities Jakarta and Palembang — and hope their performances can bring a few smiles to faces back home.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more

sgqthsga

GARDAI DROP OBSTRUCTION CHARGES AGAINST MAN IN HEART-ATTACK CASE

first_imgGardai have dramatically dropped charges against a man whose car was seized by Gardai while he complained of having a heart-attack at the side of a road.Letterkenny court.Seamus Duffy, 50, appeared at Letterkenny District Court in Co Donegal facing a number of charges including obstructing Gardai and causing a breach of the peace. The charges related to an incident when Mr Duffy’s car was seized in Ballybofey on April 7th last year.During the incident Mr Duffy complained of feeling unwell, he refused to get out of the car.The car, with Mr Duffy’s medication inside, was eventually seized by Gardai.A few minutes later Mr Duffy collapsed to the ground clutching his chest.Passers-by called and ambulance and Mr Duffy, who has a heart condition and is attending Galway University Hospital, was taken to hospital.As part of his complaint to the Garda Ombunsman, Mr Duffy complained that officers had driven off while he was in need of medical attention.Gardai later delivered Mr Duffy’s medication to his home.He later made an official complaint to the Garda Ombudsman.The Ombudsman decided that two aspects of Mr Duffy’s overall complaint be investigated.They included that he had been verbally abused by one of the Gardai.It also ordered that an investigation be carried out into his claim that Gardai drove past him after he had collapsed and was lying on the ground and did not seek any assistance for him.As a result, the investigation found that the two officers were found to be in breach in discipline and “were found to be in breach of the Garda Siochana (Discipline) Regulations 2007 in relation to neglect of duty and were dealt with by way of Advice.”Now Gardai have dropped a number of charges in relation to the incident.Mr Duffy, of 11 Railway Road, Killygordon had been charged which breach of the peace and obstructing a garda as well as a charge of having no road tax.Inspector Goretti Sheridan told Judge Paul Kelly sitting at Letterkenny District Court that the public order charges were being struck out while the no road tax charge was proceeding.Duffy’s solicitor, Rory O’Brien, had requested CCTV footage from an on board camera in the Garda patrol car but was told this week that it was not available.He said his client, who had no previous convictions, wanted it pointed out that the footage had been requested.Mr O’Brien said civil proceedings are in existence in relation to the matter.He said other matters occurred after Duffy was detected for having no road tax but they “are not for this court”.The solicitor said the CCTV request was relevant to other proceedings.Mr Duffy pleaded guilty to having no road tax at Dreenan, Ballybofey on April 7th last year.Mr O’Brien said Duffy’s sister was very ill at the time and died shortly afterwards.Judge Kelly fined Duffy €200 for having no road tax.GARDAI DROP OBSTRUCTION CHARGES AGAINST MAN IN HEART-ATTACK CASE was last modified: May 9th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BallybofeycourtdonegalGardaiHeart attackSeamus Duffylast_img read more