Loading… Reacting to setting a new benchmark which was previously held by the Liverpool team managed by the legendary Bob Paisley, current Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: ‘We will never compare that with fella. ‘We didn’t think about the number before the game but after we can. It’s special, but we have to fight hard.’Having surrendered their 44-game unbeaten Premier League run at Watford last weekend, before crashing out of the FA Cup in midweek following a 2-0 defeat at Chelsea, Klopp was delighted his side ended a mini-slump by holding on against Bournemouth. Liverpool will now concentrate on overturning a 1-0 deficit in their Champions League last 16 tie against Atletico Madrid on Wednesday and Klopp was pleased to see his team exhibit their battling qualities ahead of the visit of Diego Simeone’s side to Anfield.‘I know what the boys are able to do, but I am not the one that is playing, they are,’ he said. Read Also: La Liga: Atletico draw with Sevilla ahead of Liverpool showdown‘We have said before, confidence is not something that you get, put in your pocket and keep for the rest of your life. It comes and goes. ‘You need that feeling where things work out.‘You have to fight hard, that’s always the main thing to do, but we have 82 points now, which is really nice. We have to carry on fighting. Give everyone a proper fight and that’s what we did today.’FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Liverpool survived some nervy moments against Bournemouth, most notably when James Milner was forced into making a desperate goalline clearance from Ryan Fraser’s lob, but the victory represented a 22nd consecutive league win at Anfield, an all-time English top-flight record.Advertisement Promoted ContentIs This The Most Delicious Food In The World?20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”10 Of The Dirtiest Seas In The World18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-FlowThe Best Cars Of All Time7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The 90s Was A Fantastic Decade For Fans Of Action Movies10 Largest Cities In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?
The Latest: World’s top eaters ready to chow down for hunger The Chicago Blackhawks have canceled their fan convention due to the COVID-19 pandemic.The annual event was scheduled for July 24-26 at the Hilton Chicago. It gives fans autograph opportunities as well as an audience with management, coaches and players. The team says refunds for convention passes and hotel rooms will be processed automatically.___Parma has become the second club in Italy’s top soccer division to announce cost-cutting measures in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Among the eight contestants are Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo, the top-ranked men’s and women’s eaters in the world. They’ll face off via video from their homes in four first-to-finish rounds.In the qualifying round, contestants will need to consume two pounds of sliced bologna. The quarterfinals require one family pack of Oreo cookies and a half-gallon of milk, the semifinals involve 10 pounds of baked beans, and the finals will be 10 individual ramen noodle cups.The winner earns $5,000.MLE and event sponsor BetOnline will donate $10,000 to Feeding America, which has a COVID-19 response fund.___ Associated Press The medical commission has also recommended that when clubs resume training they do so in training camps with limited access and with strict screening protocols.Federation president Gabriele Gravina says “we are working without rushing, but without stopping so we will be ready when the relevant institutions give us the go-ahead.”___Speedway Motorsports, owner and operator of eight tracks that host NASCAR’s top Cup Series, has laid off 180 employees and furloughed 100 as part of a company restructuring during the sports shutdown.Speedway Motorsports owns the Atlanta, Bristol, Charlotte, Kentucky, Las Vegas, New Hampshire, Sonoma and Texas tracks. The coronavirus pandemic caused NASCAR to suspend the season just four events into a 36-race schedule. To date, Speedway Motorsports has had its races at Atlanta, Texas and Bristol postponed. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Major League Eating is launching a bracket-style elimination tournament starting Friday that will air on MLE’s YouTube channel. The club says its first-team players, coaching staff and the sporting director have unanimously agreed to take a salary cut amounting to a month’s wages.Juventus players and coach Maurizio Sarri agreed in March to forgo four months worth of salary.___With no NBA games to watch during the sports shutdown, the Dream Team’s historic romp through Barcelona will be rebroadcast in its entirety.The Olympic Channel will begin weekly streaming of the U.S. basketball team’s victories in the 1992 Olympics, when Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird headlined the team. The 1992 Olympics were the first that featured NBA players, and the Americans stormed to the gold medal. They won by an average of 44 points per game and were credited with jump-starting basketball’s global growth. The team was inducted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.Full game replays will stream at Olympicchannel.com and its apps for mobile, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform. First up is the Americans’ victory over Angola on Thursday night at 7 p.m. EDT.___Italian soccer will likely resume with the Serie A before the two lower divisions.The Italian soccer federation met with its medical commission and says it could consider a staggered start “with priority to Serie A.” April 15, 2020 Tracks receive a significant financial payout from NASCAR’s television contract, but that revenue has stopped without racing.Both NASCAR and Speedway Motorsports are hoping to restart the season May 24 with the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. ___Novak Djokovic has been praised by the director general of the local health authority in Bergamo for his donation to help control the coronavirus outbreak in Italy.Peter Assembergs says “we never expected to see on our bank account a donation from such a prestigious person.” Assembergs says “reading among the donators the name of the best tennis player in the world … made me emotional.”The money will be used to help buy ventilators and other medical equipment.Djokovic, his wife and their foundation recently donated 1 million euros (about $1.1 million) to help hospitals in Serbia.___This year’s Tour de France will start on Aug. 29 and finish on Sept. 20 and will be followed by cycling’s two other major races. The International Cycling Union announced the new dates after consulting with race organizer Amaury Sport Organisation. The Tour could not start as scheduled on June 27 because of restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic.The UCI also says the world championships will go ahead as planned from Sept. 20-27 and will be followed by the Giro d’Italia and the Spanish Vuelta. No official dates were given for those two major races.The UCI says prestigious one-day road classics such as Paris-Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège will be maintained at dates still to be defined.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6
Chief Executive Officer of Africa Origin Group of Companies and an official travel agent of the Ghana Football Association, Samson Deen is calling for a change in the date for Ghana’s crucial World Cup qualifier against Egypt.The Black Stars are slated to face the Pharaohs of Egypt in the first leg of the playoffs on October 13 at the Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi.The Ghana FA is to confirm this date to the world football governing body FIFA by close of Friday.The experienced travel agent is however urging the Ghana FA to strongly consider the possibility of playing the game on a Monday or Tuesday to ensure the Black Stars get enough time to prepare for the clash against Egypt and also avoid playing the game on an “Akwasidae” which traditionally has some consequences.“FIFA has made us aware that we as the home team can choose any day between October 11-15 for the game and I think we should make very good use of this time frame.“The Egyptians have more time to prepare than us because their league of which almost all their players play in is not active so they can move to camp early. “We on the other side have almost all our players playing abroad and might arrive late for this game.“So for us to ensure that we give the coach enough time to train with the boys so they become very conversant with his tactics and all I believe we should rather play the match on either a Monday or Tuesday.”But the Chief Executive of the Africa Origin Group of Companies believe sacrificing a working day for the benefit of the Black Stars is worthwhile especially as it will not be the first time a match is played on a working day and believes history tells as that “Akwasidae” days could change expectations.“I really feel the Ghana FA should consider this strongly before making the proposed date official to FIFA by Friday. It will serve our team better.“The Ghana FA can also organize a friendly with a north Africa country ahead of the clash and I suggest Morocco.” He told JOY Sports