skkoyist

Wynnum cottage steeped in bayside history

first_imgThe home has timber floorboards and character features.“They worked out of Wynnum Creek, which runs behind the house,” he said. “All the boats used to be at the back (of the houses) and all the nets.“The other fishermen used to come and go all the time and they would have smoke boxes down there and they would come home and smoke the fish.” More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020Mrs Hazel passed away two years ago and Mr Warriner bought her home from his mum and aunt.“We renovated it because it was a little bit old and tattered. We polished all the floors inside, painted it and renovated the bathroom,” he said. The home at 44 Saint Catherines Tce, WynnumA SLICE of bayside history will be up for grabs when this post-war cottage goes under the hammer next month.The two-bedroom, one-bathroom home at 44 St Catherines Tce, Wynnum, has been in the same family for three generations. Thomas “Bondy” Hazel and his wife Hazel Hazel, nee Crouch, built the home next door to Hazel’s parents and across the road from her brother’s house. Mr and Mrs Hazel’s grandson, Nathan Warriner, said his grandfather, great-grandfather and great-uncles were all well-known Moreton Bay fishermen and the St Catherines Tce homes were part of a little fishing community. The bathroom has been completely renovated.The home is on a 713sq m block on two lots. It has open living, dining and kitchen areas, a family bathroom and a sleep-out. The master bedroom has a bay window with under bench storage and security screens. Outside there is an undercover patio and a carport. “It’s a really nice little home,” Mr Warriner said. “It’s really quiet and you get a bit of sea breeze through in summer. “There’s a sleep-out at the front and it’s nice to sit out there and get the morning sun in winter.” The Wynnum property is being marketed by Gail Gobey and Ian Gobey of Sash & Gable Property. The home will be auctioned on June 11 at 11am.last_img read more

ktlerbzp

Everton manager Roberto Martinez will reject John Stones’ transfer request

first_img Press Association Everton manager Roberto Martinez remains adamant John Stones will not be sold despite the player submitting a transfer request and the “circus” which currently surrounds him. The 21-year-old played in the 5-3 extra-time Capital One Cup win over League One Barnsley just 24 hours after telling the club he wants to leave in order to join Chelsea, who have failed with three bids for the England international. Despite the prospect of the Stamford Bridge side returning again with an offer greater than their last £30million bid, Martinez insists the centre-back will not be leaving and pledged to look after a young player he believes is under huge pressure. “John, for a young man under massive pressure, was terrific,” said Martinez, who revealed he had not yet rejected the transfer request but would do so in the morning as he had been focused on the match. “I am repeating myself but I don’t think it is right for the football authorities to allow the window to be open when there are important games. “We shouldn’t put our players under that massive pressure. It becomes a bit of a circus. “The situation with John is very clear. We care about him, we will protect him and make sure we give him everything we can to allow him to enjoy his football. “Clearly we have got to a point – in life and football – when sometimes money can’t buy everything and I think that is going to be a very strong statement at Everton. “We have a chairman who will do the right thing for the club and for the team and as a true Evertonian we are clear he will not be easily influenced in taking the money and accepting things which will clearly make our team weaker. “This is not a moment of the campaign when we can use any money to get us stronger.” “It is a reminder for everyone that whenever you go into a game it does not matter what type of opposition you play, if you are not 100 per cent you will find it tough,” he added. “I was delighted with our reaction in the second half. Some of the football and goals and chances were fantastic. “We should have scored more and it shows a really strong intent that sends a message we really care about the cup and want to do well.” Barnsley head coach Lee Johnson could not fault his players for their performance. “I am very proud. For large parts of that game we were equal to a top Premier League side,” he said. “We are disappointed not to come out of the tie winning, certainly given the position we were in, but I am so pleased with the players.” last_img read more

skkoyist

Bosna Sema became the Champion of the Cantonal League Sarajevo 2014/15

first_imgIn the organization of the Football Alliance of Sarajevo Canton (FSKS), the final game for the champion of the Cantonal League Sarajevo for the season 2014/15 between SASK Napredak and Bosna Sema was played at the City Stadium in Ilijas.In a very dynamic, fair and correct game, Bosna Sema deservedly won with 2:0 and thus won the title of the champion of Cantonal League Sarajevo and placement to a higher rank of the competition.A cup to the vice champion, SASK Napredak and the captain Nihad Suljevic, was awarded by the vice president of FSKS, Suad Alibasic, while the cup to the champion Bosan Sema and the captain Elmedin Brankovic, was awarded by the president of the Football Alliance of B&H, Elvedin Begic, with wishes for better placement and as better as possible, presentation of FSKS in the highest rank of the competition.(Source: novovrijeme.ba)last_img read more