OnJuly 30, 2017 Ozamiz City’s Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog and 14 others were killedin a shootout led by Espenido who was serving search warrants at Parojinog’sproperties in barangays Baybay San Roque and Baybay Santa Cruz. BACOLOD City – This city is“shabulized”, according to Lieutenant Colonel Jovie Espenido, deputy directorfor operations of the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO). “Mabentadaw dito…very easy magbili ng drugs. Tingnannatin kung hanggang kailan,” said Espenido. Espenido gave them until the end ofthis month. President Rodrigo Duterte orderedEspenido’s reassignment to Bacolod City in October last year with the specificgoal of eradicating illegal drugs in the city. “Ipakitaninyo na hindi si Espenido nag-iisa,” he said. “Matagal nang problema ito dito. Panay ang huli ng pulis pero bakithindi matapos.” InNovember 2016, Espenido was also the police chief of Albuera, Leyte when itsmayor, Rolando Espinosa Sr., was killed in a shootout as police were attemptingto serve a search warrant. BothParojinog and Espinosa were linked by President Duterte to illegal drugs. The reassignment, however, wasrecalled just days after by Duterte himself who said he was giving in to therequests of the residents of Ozamiz City not to transfer Espenido yet./PN He mentioned the Tolentino, Ramos,Cuadra, and Camaria groups but these mostly operate in Negros Occidental. But he expressed confidence that“everything has an end.” In Aug. 28, 2017 Espenido wasreassigned by the President from Ozamiz City to Iloilo City that he branded as“most shabulized.” “Panayang huli ng pulis…Marami palang drugs,” said Espenido yesterday uponreturning to the BCPO after an almost two-month break. He did not discount the possibilitythat it would be bloody but assured the people of Bacolod that policemen wouldbe upholding the rule of law. “Makikitasa mga nahuli lately that ang dami, pero bakit ganun pa rin,” lamented Espenido. “We are police officers, not killers.But if drug dealers resist arrest and fight us, we have to protect ourselves,”according to Espenido. Lieutenant Colonel Jovie Espenido. ABS-CBN NEWS He urged leaders and members ofvarious drug groups to stop their illegal activities, present themselves at theBCPO and help the city police make Bacolod drug-free. Beginning February, Espenido said, hisunit would be working aggressively to cleanse Bacolod City of illegal drugs. Espenido was the police chief ofOzamiz City prior to his Bacolod reassignment. He assured the people of BacolodCity that policemen uphold the rule of law and are true to their mission toserve and protect the public. But he won’t promise a bloodless drug war. He appealed for the cooperation of allpolicemen.
Published on February 26, 2013 at 1:41 am Contact Jacob: [email protected] | @Jacob_Klinger_ When the puck drops in the first of two midweek Syracuse-Lindenwood games Tuesday night, the Orange will be 10 days away from its most important game of the season: the do-or-die College Hockey America semifinal.But SU is also 10 days removed from a gut-wrenching home loss that made No. 9 Mercyhurst conference champs.Caught between two defining moments of the near record-setting season, the Orange (18-13-1, 12-5-1 CHA) must tinker ahead of and during the regular season-ending series with the Lions (6-23-3, 6-9-3 CHA). A win would be head coach Paul Flanagan’s 300th.SU learned and relearned valuable lessons in its pair of narrow losses to Mercyhurst. Firstly, the Orange can play with the one of the nation’s best. And to do so, sometimes SU has to simply play more like them.“We have to come prepared for 60 minutes next time,” forward Holly Carrie-Mattimoe said.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textShe noted that she and her teammates might have welcomed Mercyhurst with too much confidence, dragging the squad through an emotional rollercoaster – beginning with hubris, evolving into disappointment and ultimately ending with a crucial realization.“We learned that we can compete with Mercyhurst,” Carrie-Mattimoe said, “and I think we’ll take that to the playoffs and we’ll come prepared and ready to compete next time.”Twice in 24 hours, SU entered the third period with every chance at a victory. In the Feb. 15 game, SU led 3-2 with 11:35 to play, and was poised to rip the CHA crown away from the Lakers.But the Orange couldn’t match Mercyhurst’s nonstop net-crashing style – not for long enough, at least – and coughed up three goals in 8:25 to fall 5-3.SU allowed another three goals in the first 15 minutes of Saturday’s game.“It was a little bit of a mess,” goalkeeper Kallie Billadeau said.SU skated on to the third period just a goal down after a two-goal second period, but the Orange couldn’t finish the job. The defeats signaled that the Orange has to remain committed to whichever playing style will win the game.Against the Lakers, that meant mirroring their direct, crease-bombarding offense. It’s not that SU is looking to become a cookie-cutter copy of its opponents, but it needs wins. Hosting MU meant moving the attack away from the point, where too many shots would be blocked, and instead cutting to the net and cleaning up goals.“I think we’ll just do whatever we need to score,” Carrie-Mattimoe said. “Our focus was just getting it on net and crashing, and it worked a couple times.”But SU’s adjustments didn’t work well enough, or long enough, to win. So, the Orange looks to Lindenwood re-energized by the closeness of its losses against one of the nation’s best, and aided by a long layoff. SU was scheduled to play Lindenwood last Friday and Saturday before a winter storm in the Midwest interfered with the Lions’ travel plans.The Orange has nothing to play for, in terms of conference standings. SU is locked into the No. 2 spot and a bye going into the CHA semifinals. But LU is vying for seeding before the conference tournament, which starts Saturday on the higher seed’s home ice. The Lions sit at No. 5 in the CHA, four points behind Robert Morris.Syracuse just needs to get back to the full-ice form that fueled its eight-game winning streak, because when the Orange trudges off of the ice Wednesday night, it will be 10 days away from a game that, to extend its season, SU cannot lose.“We can’t lose sight of anyone in our league anymore. … So we really have to stay on our game like we have in the past eight games,” Syracuse forward Jacquie Greco said. “So I think we just have to not oversee them and just play our game.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros Mike Trout, with bat and glove, helps Angels end losing streak A day earlier, Trout had said he’d give up all the individual accolades and the All-Star Games to win a World Series, so this is certainly not a player seeking attention.He has twice declined opportunities to play in the World Baseball Classic, and he has ever participated in the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game.“I’d rather just have that night with my family, spend time with them,” Trout said last week. “I just want to relax and enjoy the day. Just watch it… I just never had any interest in doing it.”Related Articles For as much as Major League Baseball would love Trout on either of those stages, he doesn’t want or need it.The 26-year-old Trout has two seasons left on a $145 million deal that has him as the highest paid player in the sport this season, earning just over $34 million a year.“Mike is a great great player, and a really nice person, but he’s made certain decisions with what he wants to do and what he doesn’t want to do, and how he wants to spend his free time and how he doesn’t want to spend his free time,” Manfred said. “That’s up to him. If he wants to engage and be more active in that area, I think we could help him make his brand really really big, but he has to make a decision that he’s prepared to engage in that area. It takes time and effort.” Clippers, Mavericks brace for the unknown in Game 4 Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros ln the American League clubhouse before Tuesday night’s All-Star Game, Trout said he’s open to having the conversation about raising his profile.“I haven’t thought about what more I can do,” he said. “There’s a time and place to sit down and talk about it. I pick and chose the endorsements and do all that in the winter.”He did make one decision to slightly increase his visibility, agreeing to wear a microphone in the field for part of the All-Star Game.“They asked if I’d like to do it and I thought it would be cool,” he said.Mostly, though, Trout seems uninterested in anything that shines a brighter spotlight on him. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield WASHINGTON — Among the certainties in baseball are that Mike Trout will be the best player in the game, and that there will be a hand-wringing discussion about whether Trout is as famous as a player with that designation should be.Commissioner Rob Manfred weighed in on the oft-discussed topic on Tuesday, saying that MLB would love to do more to promote Trout, but it has to start with Trout.“Player marketing requires one thing, for sure: the player,” Manfred said at his annual All-Star Game news conference. “You can not market a player passively. You can’t market anything passively. You need people to engage with those to whom are trying to market in order to have effective marketing.”Sign up for Home Turf and get exclusive stories every SoCal sports fan must read, sent daily. Subscribe here.Trout has said at every opportunity that he has no interest in marketing himself or becoming anything more of a celebrity than he is. He is trying to win a World Series and be the best player in the world, obviously with more success at the latter than the former, though no fault of his own.
Captain of Hertha, Vedad Ibišević, is in an amazing shape at the beginning of the new season.The BiH striker scored six goals. Ibišević is still negotiating the extension of contract with the team from the German capital, which expires at the end of the next season.“We are still discussing the contract. At the moment, everything looks fine. I have already said that I want to stay here. Will I sign before the winter break? Not necessarily, but the sooner I sign the better it is for both parties,” said Ibišević.Allegedly, money is not a problem because Hertha is willing to give three million EUR annually to the BiH striker.(Source: faktor.ba)
Mövenpick Africa to expand with Marrakech openingMarrakech opening in 2015 to expand Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts’ Morocco portfolio Linked to a major congress centre and close to the historic centre, the five-star hotel with 501 rooms will attract both MICE and leisure businessDubai (United Arab Emirates), 3 May 2015. Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is set to further boost its brand presence in Africa with the announcement of a third property in Morocco. Mövenpick Hotel & Palais Des Congrès, Marrakech will soft open in Q4 2015.Owned by Kuwait’s Al Ajial Asset Fund, the 501-room five-star property will complete an extensive renovation and expansion programme, costing approximately US$69 million, before reopening under the Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts brand.The hotel is a 15-minute walk from the historic heart of Marrakech and just 15 minutes’ drive from Marrakech Menara Airport. Among the 501 guestrooms and suites will be family, business and executive rooms, as well as additional suites, which will be housed in a newly-built wing.Moroccan architectural details and orange tree gardens complement leisure facilities such as a spa, gym, swimming pool and children’s pool. Seven dining and entertainment venues will include a signature Moroccan restaurant and nightclub.“Although it is usually associated with leisure tourism, Marrakech continues to be a hub for business and incentive travel. Owing to the world-class facilities within the hotel as well as at the Palais des Congrès, attracting MICE business especially from Europe, the Gulf states and the US will be a key focus,” said Alan O’Dea, Senior Vice President Africa, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.A dedicated entrance connects the hotel to Morocco’s largest convention centre, the renowned Palais des Congrès, which will also be operated by Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts. It includes flexible function space of 5,600 square metres, exhibition floor space of 2,700 square metres, two auditoriums and outdoor event areas.O’Dea also remarked on the continuing importance of the leisure travel sector. “Development of the city’s tourism proposition is key to the successful realisation of His Majesty King Mohammed VI of Morocco’s Vision 2020 plan, which calls for an increase to 20 million tourists per year. Marrakech has long been the ‘poster child’ for the country, with tourists attracted by its rich history, stunning old town and proximity to Western Europe.”“Last year’s announcement of a proposed new airport for the city, capacity expansion at Marrakech Menara Airport, and the growing number of international luxury hotel brands entering the market, are indicative of the city’s long-term tourism potential,” he added.Marrakech was recently voted the world’s top travel destination for 2015 by TripAdvisor users. According to statistics of the Regional Tourism Council of Marrakech, 2014 tourism arrivals recorded year-on-year growth of 6%.Mövenpick Hotel & Palais des Congrès, Marrakech will be the company’s third property in Morocco, along with the Mövenpick Hotel & Casino Malabata Tangier and Mövenpick Hotel Casablanca, which joined the portfolio last year.Source = Movenpick Hotels & Resorts