Footage circulating on Twitter-like Weibo showed rescue workers searching the ruins of the Xinjia hotel in the dark as they reassured a woman trapped under heavy debris and carried wounded victims to ambulances.Other footage published by local media, purportedly from security cameras across the street, showed the entire hotel collapsing in seconds.The building’s facade appeared to have crumbled into the ground, exposing the structure’s steel frame, and a crowd gathered as the evening wore on.State broadcaster CCTV had earlier reported 48 people had been rescued out of 67 initially trapped when the hotel — which opened two years ago — collapsed. The building’s first floor has been undergoing renovation since before the Lunar New Year, and construction workers called the hotel’s owner minutes before the collapse to report a deformed pillar, the official Xinhua news agency said.The building’s owner has been summoned by police, according to Xinhua.China is no stranger to building collapses and deadly construction accidents that are typically blamed on the country’s rapid growth leading to corner-cutting by builders and the widespread flouting of safety rules.At least 20 people died in 2016 when a series of crudely-constructed multi-storey buildings packed with migrant workers collapsed in the eastern city of Wenzhou.Another 10 were killed last year in Shanghai after the collapse of a commercial building during renovations.Topics : At least four people were killed following the collapse of a hotel used as a coronavirus quarantine facility in eastern China, the Ministry of Emergency Management said Sunday.Rescuers have also retrieved 38 survivors from the rubble, with five in critical or serious condition, out of 71 initially trapped, the ministry said.The coastal city of Quanzhou has recorded 47 cases of the COVID-19 infection and the hotel had been repurposed to house people who had been in recent contact with confirmed patients, the People’s Daily state newspaper reported.
131 Pullenvale Road, Pullenvale, sold for $4.4m last week.When a home has a showroom for eight vehicles – not a garage – it’s no wonder it fetched a $4.4m price – and then there’s the amazing Georgian manor itself, 15km from Brisbane CBD.The six bedroom, four bathroom, eight car park home sits on a hectare of land at 131 Pullenvale Road, Pullenvale, about 20 minutes drive from the Brisbane CBD.MORE: New weapon for property buyersHomeowners could save thousandsCattle station sold for massive $35m via online auctionWould you design your own dream home plot if you could?The garage is on the left of the home.The elegant kitchen.Brett Greensill and Jermaine Jones of McGrath Estate Agents New Farm sold the home last week for $4.4m after listing it as a “fully rebuilt, renovated, extended and newly landscaped family home”.That’s somewhat of an understatement for this sprawling property which the owners had re-done since buying it 15 years ago.The home sold n September 10.Indoor-outdoor flow.“The quality of this renovation is flawless with exceptional attention to detail and makes this one of Brisbane’s finest acreage properties,” was how it was described in the listing.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus8 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market8 hours agoIt’s more resort-style living than anything else. The six bedroom are all suites, two of which are masters and two for guests.The home has a multi-zoned temperature controlled wine cellar with tasting room.It has landscaped and irrigated gardens, a resort pool, tennis court, that eight-vehicle showroom, a gym, workshop to potter in, handpainted bespoke cabinetry, stone benchtops, fully zoned airconditioning and comprehensive security systems.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD432p432p216p216p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow much do I need to retire?00:58As if that’s not enough, there’s even a “multi-zoned temperature controlled wine cellar with tasting room”.The sale was the highest price fetched in Queensland last week, according to CoreLogic records.LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS
Loading… At the same time, United fans continued to react to the January transfer of Odion Ighalo shortly after he was given the No 25 squad number, which has been available since Antonio Valencia left the club last summer. United posted a picture of Ighalo holding his new jersey on Tuesday night and fans were quick to share their views about the club’s latest striker. “Better than Lacazette, Aubameyang and Martinelli combined. Nigerian R9,” one fan said. While another added: “He’s here and he’s perfect.” A third said: “Second half of the season, we’re doing a title charge!” One fan thinks Ighalo and the club’s other January signing, Bruno Fernandes, who signed for £47million from Sporting Lisbon, are going to complement each other on the field. English side, Manchester United have commenced to market the jersey number 25 of the Nigeria international, Odion Jude Ighalo, as they are inviting football fans across the world to pick their choice. “Ighalo and Bruno are going to create special moments,” they said. While another was happy that Ighalo, who is a boyhood United fan, will be playing for his team. “Really pleased to see everyone getting behind him. Loves the club and I’m sure he’ll give everything to make it a successful 6 months. Good to have you here Odion,” they said. Although Ighalo has spent three seasons playing in China, the 30-year-old does have Premier League experience having spent two seasons in the English top flight with Watford. The Nigerian international took the league by storm in his debut season in the Premier League in 2015/16, when he scored 16 goals in 37 games for Watford. However, in his second campaign he wasn’t as successful and he only managed to find the back of the net on one occasion in 18 appearances for the Hornets. read also:Odion Ighalo unveiled finally as Manchester United player He was then sold to Chinese outfit Changchun Yatai where he rediscovered his eye for goal. During his time in the Chinese Super League he scored 46 goals in 74 games. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooIs This The Most Delicious Food In The World?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Worst Things To Do To Your Phone6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesWorld-Ending Scenarios: This Is How The Apocalypse May Happen9 Iconic Roles That Got Rejected By World Famous Actors
The season is just around the corner, and the headlines should be on “who is the best team”. However, more often than not, it is on whom is violating some rule. Did my star player sign autographs for money, or did two or three of our players violate some lady at a bar? Who spent the summer riding around in an SUV with dealer plates and got paid for working at the car owner’s home? Then there are always the super student/athletes who failed summer school and will not get to play this season. These headlines are easily avoided if the university makes its policy that winning at any cost is replaced by winning within the rules. There was a time when the top football player on campus was also the top student on campus, but that went out when playing in a bowl game on January 7 paid more than all the alumni donations combined. It is a known fact that to win big every year you have to take a chance on one or more players who barely get into the university and who come from backgrounds marked by police blotters rather than honor rolls. Football, by nature, is a violent game and big, burly men will win over small scholarly men all the time. As I stated earlier, the university makes the decision–how important are the wins and how important is it to have a “look the other way” attitude when a young man is being recruited. Rose Hulman will never be national champion.
Switzerland County, Ind. — Law enforcement agencies in the tri-state are searching a suspect in a Carroll County, Kentucky gas station robbery.Police say, Billy Sangster, 47, Warsaw, Kentucky, robbed the business in Ghent then fled into Indiana. Police pursued Sangster into Switzerland County by vehicle and on foot. No injuries were reported, but he did flee with an undisclosed amount of cash.Authorities say Sangster is a white male, 5-feet 10-inches tall, bald with a goatee, blue eyes and approximately 165 pounds. He was wearing blue jeans, blue shirt and a light camouflage hat. He is believed to be armed and dangerous.Tips can be left confidentially by calling 502-532-6363 or 800-222-5555.
The Belgium international landed on Merseyside for a flying visit from his homeland on Wednesday to finalise a five-year contract after a £28million deal – believed to be a £25million fee with subsequent add-ons – was agreed with Chelsea. Everton’s previous record was the £15million paid to Standard Liege in 2006 for midfielder Marouane Fellaini, who moved on to Manchester United last summer for £28million. Martinez stressed, however, the player will not carry that burden into the dressing room. “Rom is vitally important but his transfer fee will not count for anything in terms of him developing and having an important role in the side,” said the Spaniard. “This dressing room has got a special feeling and it is not about how much you pay for players to come in, it is about selecting the players to be in there. “We really needed Rom at the club and that is where the chairman (Bill Kenwright) and the board have been exceptional, and I do think it is a key moment at our club. “I am looking at that number nine position – and I am probably biased – but he is potentially the best choice in world football. “In years to come you will see him develop into someone special, but nothing changes for Rom. “He needs to enjoy his football, have the same standards he had and I am excited to see how far Rom can take us and how far we can take Rom. “That is the partnership we can see here. Press Association Everton may have smashed their transfer record to sign striker Romelu Lukaku but manager Roberto Martinez insists the fee is irrelevant if the player fulfils his potential. “It is true this moment in Rom’s career is very significant because he is very ambitious, he wants to be successful and win things and wants to develop to the top of his potential. “That is what we want to be as a team, so it is a perfect fit.” Lukaku said he is comfortable with the transfer fee and intends to provide the goals, having scored 16 in 33 appearances on loan at Goodison Park last season, to help fire the club into the Champions League. Asked how long it could be until the Toffees were playing alongside Europe’s elite, the Belgian said: “If we continue to develop like we did last season very soon. “I wanted to stay in the Premier League because it is the most attractive league in the world and also the best. “For me it was easy to stay here and help the team reach that level. “I think the club wants to make a statement and I want to help the club to make a statement in this league. “I don’t put myself under pressure and just want to help my team-mates make this team as good as possible.” Martinez is still keen to add more signings, having already secured another loan player Gareth Barry on a permanent deal and also brought in £4million midfielder Muhamed Besic. However, he may now have to rely on loan signings – the Toffees have been linked with a temporary deal for Chelsea’s Christian Atsu – having used most of his transfer budget to secure Lukaku. “I said before we signed Rom we need three attacking players and that has not changed,” said the Everton boss. “I always said money shouldn’t be the difference between being able to challenge or not. “It excites me when I see the side we have. Maybe some have the excuse of having to have a certain amount of money to challenge for titles, but I don’t look at it that way.”
Everton manager Roberto Martinez does not view the approaching transfer window as a priority as he believes he has assembled a squad good enough to cope without further additions in the second half of the campaign. “We will always work hard to try to see what we can do but it is not a priority in this window,” he said. “The priority was to make sure the summer window was exactly what we wanted and we achieved that. “I am very pleased with the squad – it is strong and good in numbers – and I don’t expect any major changes in January. “I am delighted because I measure the day-to-day work, what we have in the squad and the potential that I can see for the second half of the season.” Martinez, however, is expecting his players to rise to the challenge of a packed festive programme and give the club the ideal platform in which to target the top four in the new year, before the demands of the Europa League kick in again in February. They travel to Southampton, one of their rivals for a place in the top six, on Saturday before facing Stoke, Newcastle and Hull in quick succession. “The games we have now in the league are very important for us. It is probably a very important period for us to see what we do in the second half of the season. “The European competition has been a success and we will take that over in February but now all the concentration goes into the league. The Spaniard admits the coming weeks will have a significant bearing on how their season turns out but he is backing the players he has at his disposal to get them through. With midfielders James McCarthy, Darron Gibson and Leon Osman all close to a return after injury, and defender John Stones and striker Arouna Kone approaching full fitness after long spells on the sidelines, Martinez believes he has enough resources at his disposal. Press Association “I do feel this period of 12 days will be significant to see what we do in the second half of the season. “The group is getting stronger physically, the mentality has gone to another level and the only thing we can be critical about is we haven’t got the points we should have in the league. “That is something we need to learn. Sometimes it is a good knack to have as a team that you don’t have to be perfect to get full points and the top teams do that and I don’t think we have done that. “We had to be perfect every time to get the three points. That is something we need to work on and understand how to do it, but I have been very excited about the second half of the season because I can see something special building in the dressing room.” Martinez received some good news on the injury front with forward Kevin Mirallas expected to be sidelined for a couple of weeks at worst. On Monday the Belgium international was carried off on a stretcher after a poor tackle by Jordon Mutch having previously scored in the 3-1 win over QPR. “We have great news as we were very worried after the game because it was an action where you feel the ankle is definitely damaged,” said Martinez. “The damage is the least it could be. It is an external ligament in his ankle and the way he is as a quick healer I don’t expect him to be out for too long. “I wouldn’t rule him out for any of the fixtures over the Christmas period.”
Press Association Everton manager Roberto Martinez remains adamant John Stones will not be sold despite the player submitting a transfer request and the “circus” which currently surrounds him. The 21-year-old played in the 5-3 extra-time Capital One Cup win over League One Barnsley just 24 hours after telling the club he wants to leave in order to join Chelsea, who have failed with three bids for the England international. Despite the prospect of the Stamford Bridge side returning again with an offer greater than their last £30million bid, Martinez insists the centre-back will not be leaving and pledged to look after a young player he believes is under huge pressure. “John, for a young man under massive pressure, was terrific,” said Martinez, who revealed he had not yet rejected the transfer request but would do so in the morning as he had been focused on the match. “I am repeating myself but I don’t think it is right for the football authorities to allow the window to be open when there are important games. “We shouldn’t put our players under that massive pressure. It becomes a bit of a circus. “The situation with John is very clear. We care about him, we will protect him and make sure we give him everything we can to allow him to enjoy his football. “Clearly we have got to a point – in life and football – when sometimes money can’t buy everything and I think that is going to be a very strong statement at Everton. “We have a chairman who will do the right thing for the club and for the team and as a true Evertonian we are clear he will not be easily influenced in taking the money and accepting things which will clearly make our team weaker. “This is not a moment of the campaign when we can use any money to get us stronger.” “It is a reminder for everyone that whenever you go into a game it does not matter what type of opposition you play, if you are not 100 per cent you will find it tough,” he added. “I was delighted with our reaction in the second half. Some of the football and goals and chances were fantastic. “We should have scored more and it shows a really strong intent that sends a message we really care about the cup and want to do well.” Barnsley head coach Lee Johnson could not fault his players for their performance. “I am very proud. For large parts of that game we were equal to a top Premier League side,” he said. “We are disappointed not to come out of the tie winning, certainly given the position we were in, but I am so pleased with the players.”
The 2020 Python Bowl wrapped this weekend with the capture of 80 Burmese pythons over the 10-day competition.Unfortunately, that number is just a drop in the bucket as wildlife experts believe the python population in the Everglades may exceed 100,000.One man won an off-road ATV from Bass Pro Shops for capturing eight pythons, which was the most, and another man won $2 grand for capturing the longest python, which measured over 12-and-a-half feet. The South Florida Water Management District says hosting the event around the Super Bowl brought incredible public awareness to the danger the invasive snakes pose.